Learning a New Engine is HARD
So, you're trying to learn Godot 4.
You've been digging through YouTube videos but there aren't as many learning resources as other engines like Unity or GameMaker.
The worst part is that sometimes, after all that digging, you still don't have the information you needed in the first place.
I know that story because it's exactly where I was years ago when I first started learning Godot.
Today I teach people how to make games in Godot as my full-time job.
It wasn't easy to get here, though. I spent hundreds of hours watching tutorials, reading through the documentation, and learning from my own mistakes.
So, to help other indie game makers, I've created an in-depth course where I teach the fundamentals of Godot Engine.
What Will You Learn?
We cover a lot of different topics as you learn Godot. This course includes 20+ hours of video content and more than 68 lectures. There are 4 main sections, each making a progressively larger game.
Rocket Launch Section
In the Rocket Launch section you will learn to:
- Create a new project
- Import assets
- Create a scene
- Add nodes to the scene
- Run simple scripts
Piggy Game Section
In the Piggy Game Section (my daughter's favorite) you will learn to:
- Animate a character using sprites
- Move an animated character with keyboard input
- Detect collisions
- Manage collisions using layers and masks
Space Shooter Section
In the Space Shooter section you will learn to:
- Create menus with UI nodes
- Create autoloads for storing game wide data
- Add particles and sound effects
- Save and load basic information like highscores
In the Metroidvania section (my favorite) you'll learn to:
- Program platformer physics like slopes, wall jumps, and moving platforms
- Create levels with autotiling
- Create different enemy types (each with their own unique behavior)
- Program a boss with different attack patterns
- Create simple 2D multisprite animations
- Add character upgrades
- Save and load more complicated information like the current scene, player position, and upgrades
- Finalize the game with menus, pausing, and music
Here is a short video showing off some of the things you will be making in the metroidvania section:
- Setup + Review (11:20)
- Rigid Bodies + Instancing (13:48)
- VisibilityOnScreenNotifier + Timer Node (24:29)
- Label Node + Setters and Getters (21:22)
- CPUParticles2D + AudioStreamPlayer (37:52)
- Center Container + Changing Scenes (9:28)
- Autoloads + Await Keyword (15:05)
- Saving + Loading with a Config File (22:21)
- 1 - Setup + Review (2:29)
- 2 - CharacterBody2D + StaticBody2D (13:49)
- 3 - Character Controller + Review (28:43)
- 4 - Animated Character + Review (10:25)
- 5 - Controlled Jump + Camera2D (4:46)
- 6 - TileMaps + Autotiling (18:42)
- 7 - Sloped Tiles + Constant Speed (11:42)
- 8 - Animated Particles + Coyote Jump (21:53)
- 9 - PlayerBlaster + RemoteTransform Node (26:06)
- 10 - Bullet + Inherited Scenes (25:06)
- 11 - Warnings + Script Inheritance (9:27)
- 12 - Default Clear Color + Bullet Timer (5:46)
- 13 - Moving Platforms + Resources (26:45)
- 14 - Walking Enemy + Raycast2D (17:27)
- 15 - Hurtboxes + Hitboxes (24:08)
- 16 - Stats + Setters and Getters (Review) (8:30)
- 17 - AnimatedSprite + Connecting Signals via Code (13:50)
- 18 - Events + Camera Screenshake (13:31)
- 19 - PlayerStats + Hurtbox Invincibility Frames (19:36)
- 20 - Blinking Animation + Player Health Meter (23:42)
- 21 - Double Jump + FSM (10:55)
- 22 - Wall Slide State + Review (24:04)
- 23 - Safe Margin + Polish (23:27)
- 24 - Plant Enemy + Review (30:24)
- 25 - Projectile Polish (Bonus) (4:38)
- 26 - Enemy Death Effect + Review (11:20)
- 27 - Crawling Enemy + Review (29:57)
- 28 - Wall Detatch Bug Fix (3:12)
- 29 - Flying Enemy + Main Instances (21:08)
- 30 - Waypoint Pathfinding + Review (33:07)
- 31 - Start Menu + Vbox Container (6:12)
- 32 - Fonts + Themes (14:36)
- 33 - Pausing + Pause Menu (11:49)
- 34 - Missiles + Review (20:59)
- 35 - Missile UI + Brick (15:26)
- 36 - Missile Powerups + Review (11:45)
- 37 - Falling State for Crawling Enemy (21:10)
- 38 - Doors + Custom Resources (40:26)
- 39 - Camera Limits + Review (12:01)
- BUG-FIX Doors (5:27)
- 40 - World Stash + Dictionaries (21:14)
- 41 - Boss Enemy + Multisprite Animation (20:47)
- 42 - Boss States + Tweening (43:16)
- 43 - State Init + Random Fairness (24:56)
- 44 - Door Blocker + Triggers (25:44)
- 45 - Sounds + Review (25:58)
- 46 - Music + Review (26:04)
- 47 - Save and Load (42:25)
- 48 - Save Station + Review (27:34)
- 49 - Game Over Screen + Review (10:51)
Who is This Course For?
This course is not designed for everyone.
There are some prerequisites you need before signing up. I've designed it for beginners to Godot Engine but not people brand new to programming.
Here are the programming basics you need to understand before taking this course:
- Variables and Arrays
- Control statements (like "if" or "while")
- Classes and Inheritance
These concepts can be learned in many different places. If you are brand new to programming, I'd recommend finding some free YouTube tutorials on programming in python.
Live Discord Support + Community
You're going to run into issues as you learn.
To make sure you can overcome those issues, this course comes with access to my private discord server, where I give live support. I'm on most weekdays, ready to help with any problem you may have.
And when I'm not online, there are over 1,800 other students there as well, many of which have already taken my courses and are willing to help new students.
Supporting my students as they learn is my main priority as an educator. I'll be there with you every step of your learning journey!
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
If, for any reason, this course doesn't meet your expectations, you can email me within the first 30 days of your purchase, and I will give you a full refund. No questions asked.
With this refund policy, you can only gain by giving it a try.
Launch Sale Ends: